AARON A HALE
Senior Reporter, Columns, University of Georgia News Service, Athens, Ga. – Aug. 2012-Present
- Produce original feature and news stories for weekly faculty/staff newspaper ranging from faculty and administrative profiles to features about innovation instructional techniques. Aid production through copy editing and posting content to Web.
Government Reporter, The Times, Gainesville, Ga. – Nov. 2011-July 2012
- Reported enterprise and daily news stories on state and local government in Hall County. Also covered economic and general news. Produced 10-12 stories a week.
- Won two Associated Press awards: one for breaking news and one for business reporting.
Staff Writer and Multimedia Journalist, Naples Daily News, Naples, Fla. – March 2008-Nov. 2011
- Reported investigative stories on Collier and Lee counties’ tumultuous emergency service systems, local political campaigns and general news assignments. Storytelling through still photography and video on project assignments and breaking news stories.
Freelance Photographer and Reporter, Marco Eagle, Marco Island, Fla. — Sept. 2007-April 2008
- Produced photo stories and essays. Reported on local schools, art and religion.
The University of Georgia — Aug. 2013-Present
- Working toward Master’s Degree in the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication. Specializing in narrative and featuring writing for subjects related to American history and higher education. Anticipated graduation May 2016.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill — Aug. 2001-Dec. 2004
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies and English. Graduated with distinction.
The Poynter Institute —
- Backpack video journalist training, June 2013.
- Poynter ACES Certification in Editing, May 2014.
UGA Diversity and Inclusion Certificate — Sept. 2014
- Volunteer, Book For Keeps, Athens, Ga. — July 2013-Present
- Volunteer Coordinator, Extra Special People, Watkinsville, Ga. — Dec. 2011-Dec. 2013
- Cook, Ronald McDonald House, Fort Myers, Fla. — Aug. 2009-March 2010